Pan-fried Chicken with Aromatic Vegetable Sauce
With a crispy outside and a succulent inside, this chicken dish tastes great, accompanied by a sweet and sour sauce with an irresistible aroma. This pan-fried recipe is surprisingly easy and healthy as it doesn’t require any oil for cooking.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
2 Chicken Thighs (deboned, skin on)
Salt and Pepper
For the sauce
Garlic (Finely chopped) 5g
Ginger (Finely chopped) 10g
Onion (Finely chopped) 50g
Rice Wine 1tbs (You can substitute white wine for rice wine)
Sesame Oil 1tbs
Rice Vinegar 1tbs (You can substitute white wine vinegar for rice vinegar)
Soy Sauce 1 and half tbs
1. Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick frying pan until hot. Place the chicken skin-side down. Cook over a high heat until the skin is golden-brown and crispy.
2. Turn it over and cover the pan with the lid. Lower the heat and sizzle until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Take the chicken out and cut into bite size pieces. Arrange on a serving plate.
4. Remove the oil that came out of the chicken with paper towel. Mix all the sauce ingredients well, and then add to the pan. Turn the heat up and boil the sauce until slightly thickened.
5. Spoon the sauce over the chicken. Serve with salad and/or rice if desired.