Pan-fried Chicken with Oyster and Soy Sauce
Very simple and easy, yet really tasty chicken recipe. You only need few ingredients. If you have a bottle of oyster sauce and soy sauce, or even a couple of sachets from your takeaways in your cupboard, why not try this?
Ingredients (serve 4)
4 Chicken Thigh
[For the sauce]
2 tbs Oyster Sauce
1 tbs Soy Sauce
1 tbs Rice Wine (or Dry White Wine)
1 tbs Water
1. Place the chicken thigh, skin side down. Using a sharp knife, slit along both sides of the bone at an angle, then remove the bone.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan until hot. Place the chicken, skin side down, and cook over a high heat until the skin is browned. Turn it over and cooked for a further 6 minutes over a medium heat. When it’s cooked through, slice the fillet and place on a plate.
3. Discard the excess oil in the pan, then add the sauce mixture. heat the sauce until hot, then pour over the chicken to serve.
- You don’t need oil for frying. There will be enough oil from the chicken skin to cook.
- Serve with boiled cabbage for a low calorie main dish.