Tofu (Bean curd) and Avocado salad with Wasabi Sauce
Some of you might say that Tofu, a block of soy bean curd, tastes bland and boring. If you are one of these people, please try this recipe. It only takes 5 minutes to make.
The Sharpness of the Wasabi paste and buttery rich flavour of the avocado transform tofu into an interesting dish. It’s healthy and nutritious too!
Tofu is a good source of protein and contains all eight essential amino acids, so a great vegetarian alternative can be made when replacing the tuna with olive oil.
Ingredients for 3people
1Pack of Tofu (Bean Curd)
1 Tin of Tuna (Drain excess oil)
1 Pack of Salad Cress
3-5 tbs Soy Sauce
1-2 tsp Wasabi Paste (Mix with the soy sauce)
1. Dice the tofu and avocado, and then place them in a bowl.
2. Add the drained tuna, the soy sauce and the wasabi paste mixture into the bowl.
3. Add the Salad Cress in the bowl and roughly mix all the ingredients.
1. Adjust the amount of soy sauce and wasabi paste for your liking.
2. If you have time, drain the tofu block before cooking. First, wrap the tofu block with kitchen paper, then place on a large plate. Put a wooden chopping board or something similar on top of the tofu, making sure the tofu will be pressed evenly. Drain for about 30 minutes.
3. For a vegetarian alternative, replace the tin of tuna with 1 tbs of olive oil.