Don’t you sometimes have a piece of stray chicken thigh in your fridge? This is a recipe for that! The seasoning is quite simple – just rice wine and soy sauce, however the sweetness from the fried onions and the flavour of the garlic enhance the taste. Enjoy the juiciness of the chicken thigh. Great to have with a bowl of rice. Adding Nori seaweed and sesame seeds makes the dish look and taste special.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Cooking level: Easy
Ingredients for one to two people
120g Chicken Thigh (deboned)
1 clove of Garlic
1 tbs Vegetable Oil
1 tbs Rice Wine
1 tbs Soy Sauce
Nori Seaweed (cut into small pieces)
- Cut the onion in half, and then slice thinly. Slice the garlic. Cut the chicken into a bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying-pan. Add the chicken pieces and stir-fry for about 3 minutes. Lower the heat if it starts to burn. Place the chicken pieces on a plate.
- Add the onion and garlic to the same frying-pan, then stir-fry over a high heat. Once they are coated with oil, lower the heat and stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
- Put the pieces back in a frying-pan and stir-fry. Add the rice wine and then cover the frying-pan with a lid. Let it steam for about 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce in the frying-pan and mix. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle the nori seaweed and the sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
- Fry the onion over a low heat very well but be careful not to burn them.
- Place salad leaves underneath for a better aesthetic. I placed rocket leaves today.
- I served this dish with an avocado and tomato salad with wasabi flavoured mayonnaise dressing.
- [Avocado and tomato salad with wasabi flavoured mayonnaise dressing] Mix mayonnaise and wasabi. Use your preferred amounts. Dress chopped tomatoes and avocado with the mayonnaise. The sweetness of the tomatoes and the creamy avocado go well with the wasabi flavour.